Several of WCSPPs faculty and members work to expand the field through their written work.
A SELECTION OF PUBLICATIONS BY OUR MEMBERS
Kenneth Barish, Ph.D.
- How to Be a Better Child Therapist: An Integrative Model for Therapeutic Change (W.W. Norton, 2018).
- Cycles of Understanding and Hope: Toward an Integrative Model of Therapeutic Change in Child Psychotherapy. Journal of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychotherapy, 2018, Vol. 17, No. 4, 232 – 242.
- Bad Feelings: A Theory of Pathological Development in Childhood. Journal of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychotherapy, 2018, Vol. 17, No. 2, 96 – 99.
- Pride. In M. H. Bornstein (Ed.) SAGE Encyclopedia of Lifespan Human Development. (SAGE Publications, 2018).
- We Are Always Essential. In S. Tuber (Ed.). Parenting: Contemporary Clinical Perspectives (Rowman and Littlefield, 2016).
- Pride and Joy: A Guide to Understanding Your Child’s Emotions and Solving Family Problems (Oxford University Press, 2012)
- Winner, 2013 International Book Award, Parenting and Family; Winner, 2013 Eric Hoffer Book Award, Home Category; 2013 Mom’s Choice Awards, Gold Winner; 2013 National Parenting Publications Awards, Silver Winner; 2012 Book of the Year Award Bronze Prize, Family and Relationships
- Emotions in Child Psychotherapy: An Integrative Framework (Oxford University Press, 2009)
Chaim Bromberg, Ph.D.
- Chaim E. Bromberg & Lewis Aron (2019) Disguised Autobiography as Clinical Case Study, Psychoanalytic Dialogues,29:6, 695-710.
Suzanne Burger, Psy.D.
- Steering Your Marriage: A Guide to Navigating the Road Together (iUniverse, Bloomington, IN, 2012).
Annabella Bushra, Ph.D.
- Bushra, A. and M. Lechich. “Thirty-five Seconds.” The Psychoanalytic Activist, 2010.
- Bushra, A. “The Strangeness of Passing: Commentary on a Paper by Chistopher Bonovitz”, Psychoanalytic Dialogues (2009), 19: 442-449.
- Bushra, A. “Staying Alive: Some Thoughts on Irwin Hirsch’s Book Coasting in the Countertransference” Paper presented at the annual retreat of the Westchester Center for the Study of Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, April 2008.
- Bushra, A., S. Frewat-Nikowitz and A. Khadivi.. “Multiple Perspectives on the Middle Eastern Identity in Psychotherapy, ” in Dialogues on Difference: Diversity Studies of the Therapeutic Relationship, J.C. Muran, ed. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association Books, 2006.
- Aron, L. and A. Bushra. “Mutual Regression: Altered States in the Psychoanalytic Situation.” American Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association (1998), 46(2): 389-412.
Gerald Gargiulo, Ph.D.
- Quantum Psychoanalysis: Essays on Physics, Mind and AnalysisToday (2016) IP Books.
- Winner of the 2017 Gravida Award.
- Broken Fathers/Broken Sons (2008) Rodopi Publications. (New York)
- Psyche, Self And Soul. (2004) Whurr Publication. (London)
- Steering Your Marriage: A Guide to Navigating the Road Together
Pub. Date: 5/24/2012 Publisher: iUniverse, Incorporated.
George Hagman, LCSW
- Intersubjective Self Psychology: A Primer (Routledge, 2019) Available at Routledge.com (Discount: Enter promo code BSE19)
- New Models of Bereavement Theory and Treatment: New Mourning (2016)
- Creative Analysis: Art, Creativity and Clinical Process, Routledge (2015)
- The Artist’s Mind: Psychoanalytic Perspectives on Art. Modern Artists and Modern Art, Routledge (2010)
- Aesthetic Experience Beauty, Creativity and the Search for the Ideal, Rodopi (2006)
Robert Muller, Ph.D.
- Muller, R. (2017). The Referral Matrix: Its Unexamined Effect on Treatment. Contemporary Psychoanalysis, 53, 362-392.
- Muller, R (1986). The Trainee and the Transfer Case: Why is This Case Different from All Other Cases? American Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol. XL, 265-276.
- Muller, R. & Goldberg, S. (1980). Why William Doesn’t Want a Doll: Preschoolers’ Expectations of Adult Behavior towards Girls and Boys. Merrill Palmer Quarterly of Behavior and Development, 26(3), 259-269.
Marc Rehm, Ph.D.
- Meditations on Aggression, Loss, Discovery, and Influence in Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic Dialogues: The International Journal of Relational Perspectives,23:5, 528-541, 2013
- Rehm, Marc (2013) Response to Joyce Slochower, Psychanalytic Dialogues: The International Journal of Relational Perspecitives, 23:5, 548-550, 2013
Phyllis Sloate, Ph.D.
- Issue Editor (with Eileen Kohutis, Ph.D.) Psychosomatics Revisited: Contemporary Psychoanalytic Perspectives. Psychoanalytic Inquiry. Vol. 30, #5: 2010.
- Superego and sexuality: An analysis of a psychosomatic solution. Psychoanalytic Inquiry. Vol.30, #5: 457-473, 2010.
- From fetish object to transitional object: The analysis of a chronically self-mutilating bulimic patient. Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry. Vol.36, #1: 69-88, 2008.
- A Preliminary Report on Working Through: From Group Examination to Self-Evaluation of Experience in the Appointment of Training Analysts at the New York Freudian Society. Jane Hall, C.S.W., Arlene Kramer Richards, Ed.D., Phyllis L. Sloate, Ph.D., Joann Turo, M.A. IPA Congress, Berlin, 2007.
- The Role of Auditory Defenses in the Treatment of a Narcissistic Boy. In: Narcissistic Disorders in Children and Adolescents: Diagnosis and Treatment. Ed. P. Beren. 187-212. New York: Jason Aronson, 1998.
- Body image change and transitional space: The analysis of a chronically self-mutilating bulimic. In: The Psychosomatic Newsletter of The American Psychoanalytic Association. Discussant: Sheldon Bach, Ph.D. Vol.2, #1, 1997.
- Piagetian assessment: An integrative approach. Sloate, P., Voyat, G. and Snyder, C. In:
Clinical Assessment of Children and Adolescents. Ed. Kestenbaum, C. and Williams, D.
Vol. 1, 85-111. New York: New York University Press, 1988.
- On the wish to leave with love. Psychoanalytic Inquiry, Vol. 7, #3: 397-413, 1987.
- Cognitive and affective features in childhood psychosis. Sloate, P. and Voyat, G. American Journal of Psychotherapy. Vol. 37, #3: 376-386, 1983.
- Language and imitation. Sloate, P. and Voyat, G. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research. Vol. 12, #2: 199-222, 1983.
- The oral deadlock: A particular period in the treatment of a psychotic child. Bergman, A., Schwartzman, M., Sloate, P. and Wilson, A. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association. Vol. 31, #2: 443-476, 1983.
- Assessment and treatment of difficulties in mother-infant attunement in the first three years of life: A case study. Beebe, B. and Sloate, P. Psychoanalytic Inquiry, Vol. 1, #4: 601-623, 1982.
Steven Spitz, Ph.D.
- Creative Use of Self and the Therapeutic Relationship in Psychoanalytic Child Psychotherapy, Journal of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy. Vol 5. Number 4, p. 486-498, 2006
Janet Zuckerman, Ph.D.
- Zuckerman, J. (2019) Nasty Women: Toward a New Narrative on Female Aggression, Contemporary Psychoanalysis, 55:3, 214-251.
- Zuckerman, J. (2014). Look Who’s Talking! The Ongoing Problem of the Female Voice. Psychoanalytic Perspectives, v. 11, 265 – 283.
- Zuckerman, J. (2014). Everybody’s Talking! Response to Discussants. Psychoanalytic Perspectives, v. 11, 306 – 315.
- Zuckerman, J. (2013). Marco Conci: Sullivan Revisited – Life and Work. Harry Stack Sullivan’s Relevance for Contemporary Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis. American Journal of Psychoanalysis, v. 73, 100 – 104.
- Zuckerman, J. (2012). Lateness, Enactment and Recognition. Psychoanalytic Psychology, v. 29, 472 – 493.
- Zuckerman, J. & Horelick, L. (2006). The Affective Experience of the Analyst in the Extra-analytic Moment. The American Journal of Psychoanalysis, v. 66, 351-371.
- Horelick, L. & Zuckerman, J. (2007). Reply to Reflections by Lewis. American Journal of Psychoanalysis, v. 67, 381-384.
- Zuckerman, J. & Buchsbaum, B. (2006). I Don’t Know You: Transference and Countertransference Paradigms with Adoptees. Handbook of Adoption, Javier, Baden, Biafora & Camacho-Gingerich (Eds.), Sage Publishing 491-504.
- Zuckerman, J. & Buchsbaum, B. (2000). Strangers in a Strange Room: Transference and Countertransference Paradigms with Adoptees. Journal of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychology, v. 1, 9-28.